How to Give Spring a Boost
Are you still feeling overwhelmed with fear and anxiety about our future? Today we will share some feng shui tips that will help you to change the ch’i (energy) in your home, and get spring off to a new and happier beginning. This is particularly important since we’ve all been dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, and staying inside more than is ideal under normal circumstances. Schools, shops, and restaurants have all been closed/barely open since March 16, 2020 in Washington state. As of this past week, businesses are able to open at 50% capacity. YEA!
It’s spring, according to the calendar as of 3/20/21, which means close to nothing in Western Washington- we’ll feel the big effects a bit later! However, it is warming up and becoming lighter by small increments, which is exciting. In feng shui, spring is considered the time of:
- new beginnings
- enthusiasm for growth, and of
- Spending time with family as well as friends.
There are many wonderful and simple ways to:
A. celebrate the coming of spring,
B. bring yourself back into balance,
C. boost your enthusiasm, and
D. improve your feng shui.
1. Bring cut flowers into your home. They can boost your attitude and improve your concentration.
2. Put up new pictures of your loved ones- immediate family, extended family and close friends.
3. Clean your entry- inside and out. Clean the light fixtures, sweep (or maybe pressure wash) your porch and make it look beautiful. Maybe even put a beautiful spring wreath on the door.
4. Clean and reorganize your Family Gua. (See the Ba-gua above to locate it in your home.) Vacuum/wipe out every drawer, clean under every piece of furniture. Throw away/give to charity what you haven’t used in 6 months.
5. Connect with family and friends through Zoom/Facetime/phone. Make sure they are doing Okay during this record-long confinement. Hearing your voice could make all the difference to them, and make you feel like a hero. Try to listen 2/3 of the time, and talk 1/3 of the time.
6. Fertilize your house plants, as well as your outdoor plants. Transplant them into pots with more soil if root bound.
Need more help with solutions? These days,“virtual” feng shui consultations with clients on Zoom or Facetime are available, so that we all continue to be safe and healthy. In these virtual meetings, we share cures to problems with which our clients are dealing. Check out https://tfi.design/packages/ for further info.